SFU events + announcements submission
SFU faculty and staff who wish to send announcements or promote events via a broadcast email to faculty and staff can submit the information for consideration. Please choose from the options below.
Weekly SFU events newsletter
The events and announcements newsletter is sent to SFU's faculty and staff every Monday. We welcome your submissions for consideration.
Before you make a submission
- The weekly listings are for SFU events and announcements only.
- The event must be open to SFU faculty and staff.
- Student clubs, religious events or charity events other than the SFU-supported United Way campaign will not be accepted.
- The submission deadline is Friday afternoon (1:30 p.m.) the week prior to the event.
What do you want to submit?
Campus-wide email announcements
From University Communications
University Communications can send campus-wide emails to SFU faculty and staff on your behalf. Please use this form to submit information for:
- Time sensitive announcements
- University initiatives
- Road closures
- Convocation notices, etc.
- A minimum one week's notice before the distribution date is required.
From the President's office
- Emails will be reserved for major announcements and events
- Only one email will be sent out per event/announcement
- Emails require the approval of a VP, AVP or Dean
- A minimum one week's notice before the distribution date is required
Please keep in mind that we receive a very high volume of submissions and while we do our best to try and accommodate and include all submissions, occasionally, some are missed. If, for some reason your event has been missed, we apologize in advance that we will not be able to resend the listing but please do let us know so that we can continue to improve our processes.