For off cycle new Faculty position requests, please send the following documents to our office for consideration:
a) Memo from the Dean providing relevant information about the new Faculty position.
b) Signed Faculty position request form
The following changes in CUPE/ APSA/ APEX staff position request approvals will take effect on November 1st, 2018:
- A delegated authority approval matrix lists the changes below
- Off cycle hires can continue to be made at any time.
- Creation of new CUPE and APSA positions up to and including Grade 8 will not require the Provost’s approval. Approval at the Dean/AVP level is sufficient.
- Increase in hours (e.g., part-time to full-time) for an existing continuing position regardless of grade or level will not require Provost approval.
- Creating a new APEX/ APSA position (Grade 9 or above) as a result of inactivating a comparable existing continuing position will continue to require Provost approval.
- Conversion of temporary to continuing positions for APEX/ APSA positions at Grade 9 or above will require Provost approval.
- Creation of new APEX/ APSA positions at Grade 9 or above will require Provost approval.
- Total staff numbers (continuing and temporary) will be reported annually and monitored each semester.
- Annually, an organizational chart outlining your senior staffing must be provided to the VPA office highlighting any new positions on this chart. The first annual organization chart and staffing report will be due at the VPA Office by September 30th, 2019.
Faculties and VPA units can submit a staffing plan for approval to the VPA Office at any time if any of the following is in your plan:
a) You are planning a major staff re-organization.
b) You are staffing a new approved (by Senate or the Provost) program or initiative.
c) Special circumstances that necessitate significant staff growth.
For those positions requiring VPA approval (APEX/ APSA at Grade 9 or above), please send the following documents to our office for consideration:
c) Memo from the Dean/ AVP providing relevant information about the new continuing position.
d) Signed position request form
e) Current job description of the new position requested
For those positions that do not require VPA approval, you can send the approved position request directly to HR for processing.
Questions can be directed to the Associate Director, Budget and Operations at the VPA Office: