All academic units at SFU are reviewed on a periodic basis, normally once every seven years. These reviews enable units to:
- Conduct their own assessments of their strengths and weaknesses
- Obtain the view of external experts in the field
- Support academic planning.
Why have an external review?
The review process is intended to ensure that:
(a) The quality of the unit's programs is high and there are measures in place to ensure the evaluation and revision of the teaching programs.
(b) The quality of faculty research is high and faculty collaboration and interaction provides a stimulating academic environment.
(c) Unit members participate in the administration of the unit and take an active role in the dissemination of knowledge.
(d) The unit's environment is conducive to the attainment of the objectives of the department.
- Check here for Senate Guidelines for External Reviews
The following units will be reviewed in the 2021 – 2022 academic year:
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of French
- Department of Geography (Deferred from 2019/20)
- Department of Humanities
- School of Interactive Arts and Technology
- Department of Political Science
Ms. Bal Basi
Coordinator, Quality Assurance
Telephone : 778-782-7676