It’s Time to Listen, Talk and Reflect conversation tools
Here are some guides and tools to encourage and support conversations around the ideas of belonging, inclusion, fairness and respect at SFU, including:
Community Guidelines for Respectful Dialogue (Diversity and Inclusion Community of Practice, 2018)
EDI resource guide
The Provost’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Initiative has partnered with the SFU Library to develop an EDI resource guide. This EDI guide is made up of curated resources to help you think more deeply about EDI and understand how these concepts are central to creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive SFU community.
Here are some materials to get you started:
Reconciliation; SFU Aboriginal Reconciliation Council Reports and Updates
• Walk This Path With Us (SFU Aboriginal Reconciliation Council, 2017)
• Quarterly Report, Reconciliation at SFU (Spring, 2018)
• Quarterly Report, Reconciliation at SFU (Summer, 2018)
• Pulling Together: A Guide for Indigenization of Post-Secondary Institutions (BC Campus, 2018)
• Accessible Events Checklist (SFU EDI Initiative, Office of the VP Academic and Provost)
• Mentoring Works (WWEST, 2013)
• Microaggressions (WWEST, 2015)
Student Support Resources (SFU EDI Initiative, Office of the VP Academic and Provost)
Join in the community conversation about belonging, inclusion, fairness and respect at SFU.