News and Announcements
Upcoming accreditation visit: send feedback to the NWCCU
As we approach the seventh year of the current accreditation reporting cycle with the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), a team of senior administrators and academic peers from other accredited institutions will be visiting SFU from April 3-5, 2023 to conduct a comprehensive site evaluation.
Members of the public who wish to provide feedback to the NWCCU may send letters to:
NWCCU – Third Party Comment
8060 165th Ave NE, Suite 200
Redmond, WA 98052
Or may submit comments electronically through this webpage:
The deadline for comments is March 24, 2023.
SFU’s accreditation with the NWCCU was established in 2012. The NWCCU is one of six independent regional agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education that evaluates the quality and institutional effectiveness of post-secondary institutions.
Accreditation is an ongoing status that must be reaffirmed periodically in seven-year cycles, the last of which was completed in 2016.
Currently, SFU is accredited, in good standing with the NWCCU, and has recently received approval of the Year-6 accreditation report in 2022.
- Increases accountability through regular external assessments of our adherence to best-practice standards
- Sets clear benchmarks/standards for assessing educational goals and students’ learning experiences
- Enhances the value of an SFU degree, locally and internationally
- Builds relationships with U.S. institutions, including government, foundations, and collegiate sports associations
- Fosters public confidence in our ability to adhere to our stated vision and goals