WinSETT Workshop: Networking, Mentors, and Sponsors
Built upon the experiences of Canadian women and proven across the country, the WinSETT Centre's Leadership Program is the only Canadian program focused exclusively on women in SETT.
There are Funding opportunities available through many provincial programs, and the WinSETT Centre's Leadership Program qualifies.
This module describes the importance of networks, their context, how to develop and strengthen your networking skills, elegant positioning for advancement, and how to leverage your network in support of your career goals. The workshop will also describe the different kinds of mentors, coaches and sponsors and how to mutually benefit from those relationships. Specifically,
- Illustrate commonalities and differences between sponsors in mentors including the importance of each to leadership
- Assess individual networking, mentoring and sponsorship competencies
- Appraise personal ability to recruit suitable mentors and sponsors
- Implement effective mentor and sponsor relationships
- Measure professional presence
- Demonstrate effective personal networking skills in common situations
Date: June 11, 2020
Cost: info at registration
Location: Technical Safety BC
2889 East 12th Avenue
More info and register: here