Women in SETT Leadership Workshop Series Part 3
Built upon the experiences of Canadian women and proven across the country, the WinSETT Centre's Leadership Program is the only Canadian program focused exclusively on women in SETT.
Throughly develop your leadership potential with six full-day workshops (9:00am - 4:00pm) over three months in two day pairings.
The last workshops are Navigating the Politics of the Workplace And Networking, Mentors and Sponsors.
Navigating the Politics of the Workplace Wednesay June 12, 2019
This module will help participants recognize the informal organization of the workplace, understand the networks of influence, and develop strategies to neutralize negative behaviours (yours and others’), and positively promote your ideas and career.
· Compare the positive and negative roles workplace politics can play in a career
· Assess personal competencies in navigating workplace politics
· Recognize the informal organizational structures and relationships in their workplace
· Classify whether actions are political or personal
· Create a stakeholder priority map
· Build and leverage strategic relationships
· Determine their professional reputation
· Manage negative players
Networking, Mentors and Sponsors Thursday June 13, 2019
This module describes the importance of networks, their context, how to develop and strengthen your networking skills, elegant positioning for advancement, and how to leverage your network in support of your career goals. The workshop will also describe the different kinds of mentors, coaches and sponsors and how to mutually benefit from those relationships. Specifically:
· Illustrate commonalities and differences between sponsors in mentors including the importance of each to leadership
· Assess individual networking, mentoring and sponsorship competencies
· Appraise personal ability to recruit suitable mentors and sponsors
· Implement effective mentor and sponsor relationships
· Measure professional presence
· Demonstrate effective personal networking skills in common situations
Date and Time: 8:00am June 12 - 4:00 pm June 13, 2019