Creating Connections 6.0 Negotiation Skills for Women
This professional development workshop will equip women with the knowledge, support, and skills to advance their careers. Participants will learn about adjusting your mindset around negotiation, how to know your worth, and how to ask for what you want.
Conference registrants will receive a $20 discount on their workshop ticket. Please check your email confirmation from Eventbrite for the discount code.
Part 1: Reframing Negotiations
- Learning the negotiation mindset (Why is it important to negotiate?)
- Reframing negotiations by using powerful coaching principles
- Introducing negotiation communication: active listening, calibrated questions, and labelling techniques to engage in negotiation conversations
Part 2: Knowing Your Worth
- Doing your research: determining your market value using available data resources
- Understanding how companies build salary structures
- Discovering what benefits and perks mean, and what value they hold to different individuals
- Investigating our relationship with money and how it benefits (or thwarts) our negotiations
Part 3: Stating Your Worth
- Sharing scenarios where deflecting salary related questions is valuable
- Exploring ways of answering "What are your salary expectations?"
- Introducing elements of an offer and what to be aware of when receiving an offer
- Structuring counter offers and how to say it
Date: May 3, 2019
Location: Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, 1128 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC
Cost: $80–160 (or $60–140 with discount code)
Registration & more information: Here