Re: High-volume server settings

On February 17, 2009, Xueshan Feng wrote:
> It's lot of Java errors with key words like this:
>
> com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure:
> ZimbraLdapContext ....
>
> Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: LDAP response read timed out,
> timeout used:30000ms

 $ grep -i ldap /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log | grep "time"

comes up empty in our case...

> Also, if you use what your tcp stack, you will lots of TCP established
> connections hanging around, won't go away.

 $ netstat -na | wc -l
 644

 $ netstat -nap | grep -F <ldap-server-ip>
 comes empty

seems like it's not LDAP.

I gues good news for us - we don't have any of those. The bad news: we still
don't know what is happening. We're working with Zimbra(Yahoo) on it but we
wanted to make sure we're not making any WAGs there estimating what we
need :)

So we're still open for any other bits of advise/knowledge trying to compare
it to our environment.

thanks for your help, though - I do really appreciate all information I've
gathered so far.

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator