Subject: Re: Contrasts

From: Marianne Reith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 08:03:20 PDT

Forwarding note from: [email-masked] 06/25/96  5:37pm -0400

OK, I'm trying to transition away from SAS so am trying to use
S+ to do some simple modeling.  All I want to do is estimate and
test a series of contrasts in an AOV setting. I have constructed
the contrast matrix, a 6x5 matrix of -1,1,and O's each column the
contrast I want to make among the 6 treatments called "trtfac".   
Now
what?  I've tried modeling as aov(Y~C(trtfac,my.contrast)) and get
the 5 df SS not each individual contrast.  I've looked at the blue
book, the yellow book, and Spector's intro and can't figure out how
to do this.  Help!
Thanks for any aid.
Jeff
Jeffrey D. Morris
Environmental Sciences
Eastman Kodak Company
Rochester, NY
[email-masked]