GEN: Week 2 of the Community of Inquiry Seminar Series beginstoday!

How can quantitative content analysis help us to further our understanding
of online learning and teaching?

How close are we to developing efficient, reliable, valid, and practical
transcript analysis tools?

Is quantitative content analysis worth the trouble?

Discuss these and other important questions during Week 2 of our 4-week
seminar series: Learning and Teaching in a Computer Conference Environment
-- Results of an Investigation of Cognitive, Social, and Teaching Presence
Online.

Week 2 (Oct 1 - 7)
Moderator: Liam Rourke, Ph.D. candidate, Department of Educational
Psychology, University of Alberta
"Methodological issues in the content analysis of computer conference
transcripts"

GEN members may access the seminar directly:
http://vu.cs.sfu.ca/vu/tlnce/cgi-bin/VG/VF_dspcnf.cgi?ci=124

Self-register and become a GEN member:
http://vu.cs.sfu.ca/vu/tlnce/PublicReg/

Learn more about the Community of Inquiry Research Project:
http://www.atl.ualberta.ca/cmc/

Misplaced your password? Email me at currie@idmail.com.

See you online!

p.s. Please complete the annual GEN member survey by October 5, 2001
http://infopoll.net/Live/surveys/s13704.htm

--
Sylvia Currie, Coordinator
Global Educators' Network

Free seminars...by online educators for online educators