Vancouver-area Worm Research Meeting
The centerpiece of VanWoRM presentations is the nematode C. elegans, with topics that include gene expression and regulation, development, neurobiology and understanding molecular mechanisms of human diseases. Meetings encompass three talks averaging 20 minutes in length, and are followed by the exchange of ideas over pizza and beverages. VanWoRM is organised by students (see its History) and is looking for sponsors!
Wednesday April 6, 4.30 - 6 pm
- Dr. Fiona Brinkman (SFU): Anti-infective drug discovery using C. elegans (long presentation)
- Zhaozhao Qin (Baillie/Chen labs): Genomic identification and functional characterization of essential genes in C. elegans (short presentation)
- Dr. Harald Hutter (SFU): Big data in C. elegans (short presentation)
SEE YOU THERE!
meeting abstracts are no longer provided
View previous VanWoRM abstracts >
VanWoRM organising committee
- Chair - Jennifer Grants (CMMT)
- Committee members - Troy McDiarmid (UBC), Kwangjin Park (SFU), Grace Goh (CMMT)
You can reach the organisers at anytime by writing to .
VanWoRM announcements and notes
- VanWoRM Meeting minutes - Aug. 11, 2009 - official document [opens new page]