Vancouver-area Worm Research Meeting
The centerpiece of VanWoRM presentations is the nematode C. elegans, with topics that include gene expression and regulation, development, neurobiology and understanding molecular mechanisms of human diseases. Meetings encompass three talks averaging 20 minutes in length, and are followed by the exchange of ideas over pizza and beverages. VanWoRM is organised by students (see its History) and is looking for sponsors!
Wednesday October 26, 2016 (5.00 - 6.30 pm)
- Dr. Victor Jensen (Leroux lab, SFU): Role of metazoan dynein in transition zone formation, ciliary maintenance, and processive intraflagellar transport (long presentation)
- Conny Lin (Rankin lab, UBC): The effects of alcohol on C. elegans behaviour (long presentation)
- Hamida Safi (Hawkins lab, SFU): Identification of a novel Wnt pathway gene using CRISPR (short presentation)
- Kelly-Xi Chen (Mizumoto lab, UBC): Intracellular mechanism of plexin signalling in synaptic tiling (short presentation)
SEE YOU THERE!
meeting abstracts are no longer provided
View previous VanWoRM abstracts >
VanWoRM organising committee
- Chair - Troy McDiarmid (UBC)
- Committee members - Alex Yu (UBC), Kwangjin Park (SFU), Hamida Safi (SFU), Naomi Shomer (CMMT)
You can reach the organisers at anytime by writing to .
VanWoRM announcements and notes
- VanWoRM Meeting minutes - Aug. 11, 2009 - official document [opens new page]