CIHR Issue 225 - CIHR implements recommendations from the research community for the CIHR Project Grant competition

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are passing on to our list members:

Trouble viewing this email? Read it online

Issue 225

Contents

1) President's Message
a) Launch of international panel to review CIHR's grants adjudication processes

2) Program related information
a) CIHR implements recommendations from the research community for the CIHR Project Grant competition

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

1) President’s Message

a) Launch of international panel to review CIHR's grants adjudication processes

CIHR launched an international Peer Review Expert Panel. Under the Chairmanship of Sir Peter Gluckman, Chief Scientific Advisor to the Prime Minister of New Zealand, the independent panel members will assess the design and implementation of CIHR’s new grants adjudication processes. Read more about the expert panel

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

2) Program related information

a) CIHR implements recommendations from the research community for the CIHR Project Grant competition

As a follow-up to the July 13th Working Meeting to discuss CIHR’s peer review processes, a Peer Review Working Group was established under the leadership of Dr. Paul Kubes. Over the summer months, the Working Group met a number of times to develop a list of recommendations to strengthen peer review for the Project Grant competition.

CIHR committed to taking these recommendations under consideration and providing updates on their implementation. CIHR is pleased to announce that the adoption and implementation of these recommendations is well under way and the Peer Review Manual for the Project Grant competition is now available. Read more

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

CIHR Wants to Hear from You

Absence does not make the heart grow fonder – CIHR wants to hear from you as much as possible. There is a wonderful story to tell about the results and benefits of health research in Canada, but we need your help to truly make this a page turner. And, we need to keep telling this story. So, we encourage you to let us know when you have or, better still, are close to publishing the results of research funded by CIHR. Please drop us a line at mediarelations@cihr-irsc.gc.ca.

Contact Information

CIHR welcomes your questions and feedback and is committed to responding to your requests promptly.

Please direct all inquiries to the CIHR Contact Centre. Officers are available Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET and until 8 p.m. ET on deadline days.

Contact Centre
Telephone: 613-954-1968
Toll Free: 1-888-603-4178
support@cihr-irsc.gc.ca