MSFHR Health Professional-Investigator Program Launch

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are passing on to our list members:

Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that competition guidelines for our new Health Professional-Investigator (HP-I) Program are now available on our website:

http://www.msfhr.org/funding/health-professional-investigator/2017

The HP-I Program is intended to help decrease the gap between health research and its implementation by supporting health professionals to conduct and apply research relevant to health and/or the health system.  The program gives health professionals the opportunity to link their practical knowledge of patient care and health service delivery to a research project, and to develop their capacity to contribute significantly to their field.   The HP-I Program achieves this by contributing to the award recipient’s salary in order to protect time for research, and by defraying the cost of research personnel directly associated with the award recipient’s proposed research.

For the purposes of this competition, MSFHR defines health professional as an individual belonging to one of the regulated health professions[1] as recognized by the BC Health Professions Act who is actively involved in patient care or public health practice in BC.

[1] A list of regulated health professions and their respective regulatory colleges can be found at http://bchealthregulators.ca/index.php/sample-page/about/who-are-regulated-health-professionals/.

An information webinar for interested applicants will be forth coming so please check the MSFHR website regularly.

For more information about the HP-I Program, please contact:

Rashmita Salvi
Manager, Research Competitions
604.714.2779
HealthProfInv@msfhr.org

Kindest regards,

Zach Tanner
Research Competitions Coordinator
Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research

200 – 1285 West Broadway

T  604 714 2777

Vancouver, British Columbia

F  604 730 0524