Funding Opportunity: Movember Translation Acceleration Grants competition now open

The Office of Research Services has received the following information which we are forwarding to our e-mail list members:

Prostate Cancer Canada (PCC) invites applications for investigator-initiated Movember Translation Acceleration Grants (TAG) that address a significant issue in the management of prostate cancer. The intent of this program is not to support new discovery. Rather proposals should leverage existing knowledge and capabilities to accelerate impact without overlapping currently funded Prostate Cancer Canada and Movember Foundation initiatives.

While the area of prostate cancer covered by the proposal is open, the emphasis of this funding opportunity is to develop an intervention that can be further studied first-in-man, in the form of an interventional or observational study immediately following the funding period. It is expected that a multidisciplinary and multi-institutional approach will be required and each application may consist of independent investigators based in multiple institutions with a lead Principal Investigator. This competition is open to projects studying any stage of the prostate cancer journey but PCC will only consider projects that are completely focused on prostate cancer.

This opportunity is awarded by Prostate Cancer Canada and proudly funded by the Movember Foundation.

Award amount: up to $1,500,000 over 3 years

Key dates:
Registration Deadline: December 21, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern
Full Application Deadline: January 31, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern
Funding Start Date: April 1, 2017

For more information and to see the Movember Translation Acceleration Grant documents, visit our website.
The online application is available at https://pccgrants.smartsimple.ca

Please share this information with those you feel will be interested in this opportunity.

Copyright © 2016 Prostate Cancer Canada, All rights reserved.
Consented through a research grant application

Our mailing address is:
Prostate Cancer Canada
2 Lombard St
3rd Floor