The Sea Duck website for the CWE was designed and created by Connie Smith. Many of the photographs used on the site were contributed by researchers and volunteers who have conducted research on sea ducks at the CWE over the years, including Sam Iverson, Dan Esler, Kristen Gorman, Tim Bowman and Martin Grimm. We apologize to anyone that we may have left out.
We also are indebted to several photographers from outside the CWE who have kindly allowed us to use their photographs of birds to add visual appeal to our website:
- Christian Artuso for a scoter flock
- Jack Binch for the Barrow's Goldeneye coming in for a landing
- Adrian Binns for two female Black Scoters
- Annette Cutts for the male Long-tailed Duck
- Don DesJardin for a male Surf Scoter and a Greater Scaup
- Árni Einarsson for the Barrow's Goldeneye duckling
- Grant Gilchrist for the Common Eider female and the flock on ice
- Paul Higgins for the shots of Harlequin Ducks
- Jeffrey S. Pippen for the Black Scoter female
- Dave Rintoul for the Barrow's Goldeneye in flight
- Dr. K.T. Rogers for the female Greater Scaup
- Jeff Spendelow for a Barrow's Goldeneye
- Jim Stasz for a male Harlequin Duck
- Glen Tepke for the male Surf Scoter
- Mike Yip for the clam-eating Black Scoter, the herring spawn duck congregation, and flying Long-tailed ducks
- Brian Zweibel for a flock of scoters
ALL OF THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHTED!
If you have questions, comments or complaints about the website please contact Connie Smith.