Postdoctoral Fellow (Biochemistry / Electrochemistry)
We are currently looking for a postdoctoral follow with either biochemistry or electrochemistry training; please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Graduate Students (M. Sc. and Ph. D. Candidates)
I am interested in recruiting motivated and dedicated graduate students. A student to me is a collaborator and a friend. Doing research is to have fun, and of course, to build your future.
My promises to my students
- As a young faculty member, I will keep a small number of students (4-5). I will try my best to take care of them.
- I will regularly discuss their research with them, at least 2 hours per week.
- I will help them to build a strong publication record.
- I will do my best to help them land a job.
My expectations of a student
- Hard working
- Dedicated to study and research
- Capable of critical thinking
- A desire to be a strong competitor in the job market
My application requirements
- A resume including a full publication list if any.
- A copy of your graduate/undergraduate transcript showing grades of at least five chemistry courses.
- Three names (with contact information) whom I can ask for references.
- A one-page personal statement about your career goal, your research interests, your expectations of your supervisor, and your plans for the next five years.
Undergraduate StudentsAny chemistry, biochemistry, and other SFU students who are interested in doing research projects in analytical, physical, or materials chemistry are welcome to contact me directly regarding:
- NSERC undergraduate student award (apply in January, CGPA > 3.5).
- SFU work-study program (apply if you are on student loan).
- Chem 481-5 (Research), Chem 482-3 (Directed Study), Chem 483-5 (Honors Research).