Current Interests in Brief
a) Investigation of the nature and origin of conformational effects.
b) Synthesis and conformational analysis of oligosaccharide antigenic determinants.
c) Molecular recognition in antibody-antigen interaction.
d) Development of immunodiagnostic reagents and vaccines employing carbohydrate antigens.
e) Design of glycosylation inhibitors for control of microbial infections and chronic mammalian conditions, e.g. cancer, type-2 diabetes.
f) Interaction between transition-state- and non-hydrolyzable substrate analogues and carbohydrases
g) Synthesis, conformational analysis, and reactions of organosulfur and organoselenium compounds.
h) Discovery of peptide mimics of oligosaccharide epitopes for immunodiagnostics, vaccines, and therapeutics
i) Transferred-NOE/STD NMR spectroscopy.
- Bound conformations of ligands by combined NMR/Molecular dynamics protocols.
- Structure and dynamics of oligosaccharides.
- Synthetic methods in carbohydrate chemistry.
- Nucleoside and nucleotide analogues as antiviral agents.
- Nucleotide analogues as gene-silencing agents.
- Control of glycoprotein trafficking in cells.
- Development of analytical methods for glycan profiling.
- Modulation of convertase activity in cells.
- Modulation of UDP-Galp mutase activity in M. tuberculosis.
- Modulation of intestinal glucosidase activities for control of obesity and type-2 diabetes.