Peter Langer taught human geography at the Universidad de Chile in Santiago and the Universidad Mayor de San Andrés in La Paz, Bolivia. In Canada he made a strong contribution to program development and implementation of geography education at the post-secondary level, as well as providing in-depth training for the Canadian travel industry.
He has travelled to over 175 countries and his professional photographic material is widely sought after by the private sector and non-profit organizations, and a large number of publishers and governments. An award-winning writer, Peter was also the editor of the Pacific Asia Travel News, an educational magazine on the Asia-Pacific region, issued on behalf of the Pacific Asia Travel Association, PATA.
Currently, Peter is actively engaged in a series of travel presentations, called ‘The Ultimate Traveller’, which take the audience on a musical and photographic journey through a multi-image show, followed by a detailed lecture on the geography, history and culture as well as the most relevant destinations of a featured country or region.
- From the Pampas to Patagonia: A Virtual Tour of Chile and Argentina (55+) PLUS241
- India, Pakistan and Bangladesh: A Virtual Tour of Cultural South Asia (55+) PLUS214
- A Virtual Tour of Southeast Asia: From Indochina to Indonesia (55+) PLUS202
- In the Footsteps of the Incas: A Virtual Tour of Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador LIB133
- A Virtual Tour of Iran and and the Caucasus (55+) PLUS152
- A Virtual Cultural Tour of Mexico (55+) PLUS123
- Saturday Forum | Virtual Tour of Iran
- Six Fascinating South American Countries: A Virtual Tour of the Andes (55+) SCFC929
- Saturday Forum | The Vanishing Cultural Heritage of Iraq and Syria