With our part-time certificate, you'll learn to navigate through complex social, political, cultural and economic systems; cultivate new leadership capacities; and hone your skills for developing the creative, transformative solutions our society needs.
Create positive and lasting change
Positive change, especially when complex and deeply rooted problems are involved, requires collaboration, risk taking and new ways of thinking. From poverty to climate change to violence, people are looking to transform old paradigms and shake up existing political, economic and cultural arrangements.
Much more than a buzzword, “social innovation” is an umbrella term to describe thinking and practices that help people and organizations experiment, learn and collaborate to produce lasting change.
Social innovation modules (available individually)
If you’re not ready to apply for the Social Innovation Certificate, you’re welcome to take social innovation modules one at a time when space is available.
- Traversing the Landscape of Social Innovation INNO800
- The Innovation Process: Ideation, Experiments and Containers for Risk INNO820
- Self in the System - Deepening Leadership INNO840
- Collaboration and Innovation Beyond Organizational Boundaries INNO860
- Becoming a Systems Entrepreneur - Implementation, Scaling and Systems Impact INNO880
Practicum/Coaching/Integration module (reserved for certificate students)
The next program runs from September 2018 to April 2019 at SFU’s Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue in downtown Vancouver.
Attend an online info session
Tue, 13 Feb 2018 5:30 PM
Reserve your spot
Be the first to know
Sign up for email updates about this program.