Creating space for transformative conversations
To foster shared understanding and positive action through dialogue and engagement.
- We work in service of the public to generate solutions for our most pressing challenges.
- We bring together and honour diverse voices and actively remove barriers to participation to reflect the full range of community interests and create conditions for innovation.
- We believe in the importance of transparency in our methods and our motives, and in how we share what we learn with the wider world.
What we do
- We create space for respectful conversations, where mutual curiosity and collaborative inquiry act as alternatives to adversarial approaches.
- We support student success through experiential learning and participation in our research and programming.
- We connect the university and community partners to work towards shared objectives in ways that value each party’s unique knowledge and contributions.
- We serve as a trusted convenor, grounding our work in research and evidence-based information.
- We act as a hub for dialogue and engagement initiatives, fostering a culture of shared learning and support that enables ongoing improvement and innovation.
- We work across sectors and across borders to support communities locally, nationally and internationally.