Why Study French?
One of the two official languages of Canada, French is spoken on every continent by millions of people. A language for diplomacy, business, science and arts, French is more than ever a major asset in a globalized world. It opens doors to a variety of career choices in education, translation, tourism as well as provincial and federal positions of responsibility. See more
Call for submissions for the 25th conference of the Centre d'études franco-canadiennes de l'Ouest/ Centre d'études Québec-Pacifique:
- Cultural Events at Alliance Française Vancouver
- Shortage of French teachers acute across B.C.
- Étudiants de SFU : Sur les pas de l’histoire francophone dans Vancouver
- Speaking a second language may change how you see the world
- Educators Worry Technology Hampers Study Abroad Experience
- Valuing the year abroad
- Un stage de pratiques théâtrales pour la classe de FLE
Exchange and Work/Study Abroad Opportunities
Recent Faculty Publications
Colonisation, Globalisation et Vitalité du français (2014)
Dr. Cécile Vigouroux