Early Stage Incubator
Growing Ideas into Businesses at SFU!
Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection's Early-Stage Incubator provides students and recent alumni from ALL faculties with direct support to develop their own startup ventures with mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs.
Teams can enter at various stages of development - some join at a very early idea stage, others are already in business with customers.
Each team is assigned a lead Mentor-in-Residence who works with the team to set and meet milestones for their next stage of development.
- Mentorship, through the Discovery Foundation Catalyst & Mentoring Program
- Access to industry events
- Networking opportunities
- Connections to industry experts and business advisors
- Room access for team and customer meetings
- PR support
- Dedicated offices for select teams
- *New in 2016* Founders in Training - specialized client workshops
Early-stage Incubator services are provided at no charge to participants.
More on Founders in Training
New in 2016 - Founders in Training (FiT) Workshops
The new Founders in Training workshops have been designed based on client feedback and requests to meet their needs. Workshops to be held include incorporation advice, media training, and more!
Pre-Incubation Program (Idea & Concept Development)
The pre-incubation program provides a supportive environment for students to develop potential business and innovation ideas. It's a sheltered step for those who are still dedicated to their studies but who see a future in entrepreneurship. Individuals or teams must meet all of the following prerequisites, and agree to the following criteria.
- Have a clearly defined business idea
- At least 50% of its management control held by SFU students
- Agree to attend mandatory workshops and events
- Be open to mentoring and feedback
- Have a clear and presentable business model
- Have a service, product or licensing business model, which plans to employ multiple people and where business growth is a major objective. It cannot be structured to achieve a "lifestyle."
- Have defined management roles
- At least 50% of its management control held by SFU students, alumni or faculty
Applications are received on a continuous basis.
Individuals or teams must first speak to one of the Mentors-In-Residence to determine eligibility (See Mentor Meet opportunities for available dates).
Selection is by invitation only. Teams must submit a short application form indicating type of participation, basic information about their business and may be asked to present to a review panel.
For more information, please contact us at 778-782-8101 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the Success Stories page to learn more about the successful alumni of Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection's Incubator Program.
Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection's mentoring activities are delivered with the support of the Discovery Foundation Technology Education Program, and with Program Partner Coast Capital Savings.