Move ideas into action!
Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection's Early-Stage Incubator provides students, staff, faculty members, and recent alumni from ALL faculties with direct support to develop their own startup ventures with mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs.
Entry is by invitation, following successful completion of the SPARK program and an intake panel.
Each team is assigned a lead Mentor-in-Residence (MIRs) who works with the team to set and meet milestones for their next stage of development.
Regular review panels are held with MIRs and industry experts.
Early-stage Incubator services are provided at no charge to participants.
- Mentorship, supported through the Discovery Foundation Inclusive Pipeline Catalyt Program, and Genome BC
- Access to industry events
- Networking opportunities
- Connections to industry experts and business advisors
- Room access for team and customer meetings
- PR support
- Drop-in access to SFU-Surrey coworking space
- Dedicated desks or offices for select teams
- Founders in Training - specialized client workshops
- Have a clear and presentable business model
- Have a service, product or licensing business model, which plans to employ multiple people and where business growth is a major objective. It cannot be structured to achieve a "lifestyle."
- Have defined management roles
- At least 50% of its ownership or management control held by SFU students, staff, faculty members or recent alumni
- Revenues to-date are less than $500K
- Investment to-date is less than $1 million
- Interested applicants must submit a completed SPARK workbook, signed off by a mentor through the Mentor Meet program
- or be referred by SFU's Industry Engagement office.
- Applicants may then be invited to fill out an application form and present to an intake panel.
Applications are received on a continuous basis. Intake panels are scheduled quarterly.
For more information, please contact us at 778-782-8101 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the Success Stories page to learn more about the successful alumni of Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection's Incubator Program.
Venture Connection's mentoring activities and incubation services are delivered with the support of the Discovery Foundation Technology Education Program, and with the SFU Innovates Life Sciences Stream (LSS) Program, funded by Genome BC.