Early Stage Incubator
Growing Ideas into Businesses at SFU!
Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection's Early-Stage Incubator provides students, staff, faculty members, and recent alumni from ALL faculties with direct support to develop their own startup ventures with mentorship from experienced entrepreneurs.
Entry is by invitation, following successful completion of the SPARK program and an intake panel.
Each team is assigned a lead Mentor-in-Residence (MIRs) who works with the team to set and meet milestones for their next stage of development.
Regular review panels are held with MIRs and industry experts.
- Mentorship, supported through the Discovery Foundation Inclusive Pipeline Program
- Access to industry events
- Networking opportunities
- Connections to industry experts and business advisors
- Room access for team and customer meetings
- PR support
- Drop-in access to SFU-Surrey coworking space
- Dedicated desks or offices for select teams
- Founders in Training - specialized client workshops
Early-stage Incubator services are provided at no charge to participants.
More on Founders in Training
New in 2016 - Founders in Training (FiT) Workshops
The new Founders in Training workshops have been designed based on client feedback and requests to meet their needs. Workshops to be held include incorporation advice, media training, and more!
IGNITE Incubator Program (Business Incubation)
- Have a clear and presentable business model
- Have a service, product or licensing business model, which plans to employ multiple people and where business growth is a major objective. It cannot be structured to achieve a "lifestyle."
- Have defined management roles
- At least 50% of its ownership or management control held by SFU students, staff, faculty members or recent alumni
- Revenues to-date are less than $500K
- Investment to-date is less than $1 million
Interested applicants must submit a completed SPARK workbook, signed off by a mentor through the Mentor Meet program, or be referred by SFU's Industry Engagement office. Applicants may then be invited to fill out an application form and present to an intake panel.
Applications are received on a continuous basis. Intake panels are scheduled quarterly.
For more information, please contact us at 778-782-8101 or at email@example.com.
Check out the Success Stories page to learn more about the successful alumni of Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection's Incubator Program.
Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection's mentoring activities are delivered with the support of the Discovery Foundation Technology Education Program, and with Program Partner Coast Capital Savings.