Update on course information

Hi all

I know that you are all busy studying for the mid-term and hesitate to interrupt.  But I wanted to let you know that in addition to the slides for the class, there is also a folder in the course Briefcase with information about your term paper.  I have put a lot of information in the document (with some great assistance from one of our TAs, Margaret) so as to anticipate the sorts of questions you might have about the assignment.  In other words, there is probably more information in that document that you actually need, but if you have questions about the term paper, it would be good to look in that file first to see if the answer you are seeking is there before coming to your TA for assistance.

To reiterate what I said before:  For the mid-term exam you will have four questions but you will be choosing only two topics from that list of four on which to write your essays.  The four questions, as I also said, will be divided between topics covered in lecture and topics covered in readings, though you will see when you actually get the exam in class next week that you should be able to draw upon both your lecture notes and the copious notes you took while reading the course text in answering the questions.  You will get one exam booklet so you will be expected to be thorough and yet concise.

--
Gary McCarron
Associate Professor