Welcome to the Zimbra HiEd Admins list

You should have already received the automated Welcome message from our maillist system, but let me also take the opportunity to welcome you. This list is intended to foster discussion and collaboration around issues that affect Zimbra deployments in Higher-Ed. These could include, but are not limited to:
 - Documentation & training material aimed at staff/students
 - Scaling issues
 - Migration issues
 - Integration with other university systems
 - Zimlet development
 - Core server development (e.g. Writing features we really want to see)

So far, the list members represent sites running in full production, sites running pilots, and sites just evaluating or considering it. The following sites are represented (in the order that I got replies :) :

 - Simon Fraser Univ.
 - Western Michigan Univ.
 - Tufts Univ.
 - American Univ. of Sharjah
 - Penn State U.
 - Lafayette College
 - Texas A&M Univ.
 - Georgia Institute of Tech.
 - Vassar College
 - Oxford Univ.
 - Univ. of Pennsylvania

This is an open list, so if you know of other sites running or trying Zimbra, please let them know about it. They can subscribe by sending a message to "zimbra-hied-admins-request@sfu.ca" with the word "subscribe" in the Subject

We already have a first order of business: A rep from Yahoo! said he'd refer some folks from Zimbra to this list if we're interested in having them listen in on our issues & discussion. Having Yahoo and AOL on the Email-HiEd list has been useful, but I'm open to opinions either for or against

--
Steve Hillman                                IT Architect
hillman@sfu.ca                               IT Infrastructure