Let's get the ball rolling: Hardware requirements for Zimbra

Hi folks,
  I actually have numerous issues and discussions to throw out to the list, but I'll start with one that I have to plan for very soon: hardware requirements.

We're going live with a pilot configuration that will use three Sun V20Z servers initially. These are dual-core dual-CPU AMD servers. We're using iSCSI-connected storage for the back-end. One server will be the MTA/LDAP/IMAPProxy server, while the other two will be mailbox servers. One mailbox server will use a NetApp for iSCSI, while the other will use Sun's x4500 (Thumper) high-density SATA disk farm running ZFS.

But I need to plan for the next step beyond pilot, because our data centre hardware lease comes due this summer. Assuming we go full production with Zimbra, we'll have about 50,000 accounts. I'd like to hear what other sites are running on, especially those of you who have already gone production - were your hardware choices the right ones, or are you having to scale up?

Thanks!

--
Steve Hillman                                IT Architect
hillman@sfu.ca                               IT Infrastructure