Zimbra + IMAP

Hi folks,
  We've been having discussions at our site about how best to step around the issue of supporting IMAP on Zimbra. Our current system (pre-Zimbra) supports IMAP, but we've traditionally been a POP site, and more recently a Webmail site (primarily for students). Our Webmail system uses POP, so it doesn't integrate with IMAP.

But that all changes with Zimbra - it can provide much more seamless integration -- too seamless! Users will want to use it if they discover it. One of our developers was at Zimbra Admin training last month where it was pointed out that Zimbra doesn't scale that well for large numbers of IMAP users. So we're wondering what other sites are doing -- are you supporting much IMAP? (if so, how much, and are you seeing scaling issues?) If not, have you actually disabled it, actively discouraged it, or just not telling people about it?

--
Steve Hillman                                IT Architect
hillman@sfu.ca                               IT Infrastructure