Re: Zimbra Public Calendars + University Website

On April 21, 2008 06:23 am John Fulton wrote:
> Hurstel Howard wrote:
> > I was wondering if anyone out there has done anything or seen
> > anyone use public Zimbra calendars that implements them into an
> > University Website for events of various groups.
>
> We haven't done that but would like to. Shouldn't be too hard.
>
> * Make the calendar public
>
> * Write a script (PHP?) to pull from the calendar ICS file:
> $lines = file('http://zimbra.domain.tld/home/user/Calendar');
>
> * Parse the ICS file into a data structure:
> http://aidanlister.com/repos/v/iCalReader.php
>
> * Iterate over the ICS data structure printing.

You don't need to do all that, just add a format tag to the end of the
URL, and it will display a nice, coloured, HTML calendar page, with links
to the event pages.  I forget the syntax (don't have Zimbra running), but
it's something simple like adding format=html to the end.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com