Re: Zimbra Public Calendars + University Website

Freddie Cash wrote:
On April 21, 2008 06:23 am John Fulton wrote:
Hurstel Howard wrote:
I was wondering if anyone out there has done anything or seen
anyone use public Zimbra calendars that implements them into an
University Website for events of various groups.
We haven't done that but would like to. Shouldn't be too hard.

* Make the calendar public

* Write a script (PHP?) to pull from the calendar ICS file:
$lines = file('http://zimbra.domain.tld/home/user/Calendar');

* Parse the ICS file into a data structure:
http://aidanlister.com/repos/v/iCalReader.php

* Iterate over the ICS data structure printing.

You don't need to do all that, just add a format tag to the end of the URL, and it will display a nice, coloured, HTML calendar page, with links to the event pages. I forget the syntax (don't have Zimbra running), but it's something simple like adding format=html to the end.

Using the example above, the url that works for us is:

http://zimbra.domain.tld/home/user/Calendar.html