Handhelds

I was wondering if anyone out in higher ED has a way to sync Zimbra calendars and contacts to very old Palm devices that don't have VersaMail and without using Outlook? I've tried looking for something that will take advantage of ICS but I haven't found anything. I'm also getting asked for a recomendation on a replacement device that will work well with Zimbra. Any recomendations for a cheap device that will sync Calendars and possibly contacts too?

--
Hurstel Howard
Systems Administrator