Zimbra with Sun Directory, ... Solaris?

Not sure anyone would know but am interested in other .edu's thoughts:

Zimbra can authenticate against a Sun Directory, what keeps it from supporting Sun Directory as its main LDAP store? Is the structure of Zimbra's schema (or objects) incompatible with Sun Directory? If not, what other factors make Sun Directory unsupportable/ impossible with Zimbra (is it wanting to have the whole thing OSS, licensing, ..)?

What is likelihood for Zimbra to support Solaris?

I ask because I'm guessing we're not alone in having significant infrastructure built around Sun Directory and Solaris Sparc. Adopting Zimbra (for us) would be a much easier prospect if Sun Directory, Solaris, or ideally both, were supported.

Thanks,

Bill Moss
ITS eServices