Re: Hacking the Zimbra UI

Hi Steve-

On Feb 16, 2009, at 5:18 PM, Steve Hillman wrote:

As a last resort, we can build Yet Another LDAP instance and populate it with last names that include the dept, but we'd rather not.

If you are going to get into that class of hack, it seems that you could muck with the zimbraGalLdapAttrMap (http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=GAL_Attribute_Mapping ) to point to a different attribute in your existing LDAP instance for the last name information. It would save you spinning up a server or new DIT at the very least.

    -- dNb