Hacking the Zimbra UI

Hi folks,
  We're trying to understand (and potentially modify) how the auto-complete code in the advanced client builds the names that it displays. It would appear that it uses the firstName/lastName attributes concatenated together, but we'd like to modify that to include the department. We were hoping the client might actually use an XML file or something similar to determine what attributes it should display, but that hope is fading fast.

As a last resort, we can build Yet Another LDAP instance and populate it with last names that include the dept, but we'd rather not.

Does anyone know where in the UI code this is done? Our Java guy is pulling his hair out trying to do string searches on the .js files to find where this is done (it's definitely not as elegant as the server-side code!)

--
Steve Hillman                                IT Architect
hillman@sfu.ca                               IT Infrastructure