Re: High-volume server settings

----- "Dmitry S. Makovey" <dmitry@athabascau.ca> wrote:

| On February 17, 2009, Xueshan Feng wrote:
| > Dmitry,
| >
| > We have 8 mailbox servers, 3 ldap severs. Each server has around
| 5000
| > accounts. Hardware is on Dell 1950 with 16GB memory. Our Zimbra
| store and
| > backup partitions are on NetAPP SAN disks.
| >
| > Since you got http errors, you might want to look specifically  if
| you have
| > lots of ldap timeout in /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log file.
|
| that was a great suggestion which I went and checked out right away.
| Unfortunately the only thing in the logs that seems to be related to
| LDAP is
| Zimbra's fall-back to internal Auth. Do you, by any chance have
| message
| you've seen handy, or maybe remember what it was about? Ours
| definitely has
| nothing with word LDAP in it that is of any value.

It's lot of Java errors with key words like this:

com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: ZimbraLdapContext

Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: LDAP response read timed out, timeout used:30000ms

Also, if you use what your tcp stack, you will lots of TCP established connections hanging around, won't go away.

Xueshan