Re: Conversion of Rooms

Hello Cheryll,

From my recollection (we did our migration in what seems like ages ago), the way that Oracle Calendar handles resource accounts is completely different than the way Zimbra does.  For the purposes of the calendar, Zimbra basically treats resource accounts like user accounts.  So in the example you have below, you will need to add the Zimbra resource as an attendee, just like a user account.  The best way to understand this is to create a similar appointment in Zimbra, and export that meeting as an ICS file, so you can compare the differences.

Another thing to note is the CN of the resource must match the value in the LOCATION field for that to link properly.

Keith

--
Keith Fong
Senior Systems Consultant

Institutional, Collaborative, and Academic Technologies (ICAT)
IT Services

Simon Fraser University
8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC  V5A 1S6
www.sfu.ca/icat

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cheryll McCormick" <cmccormick@newman.uwsa.edu>
To: "Helpful Zimbra Admins" <zimbra-hied-admins@sfu.ca>
Sent: Thursday, July 9, 2009 8:23:05 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Conversion of Rooms

Good morning,

We are currently using Oracle Calendar Standalone 10.2 for our calendar software. We have several rooms that will be converted to locations in the ZCS calendar. I noticed that when I export those rooms using the uniical utility for OCS, run the icalmig and populate the ZCS calendars for these locations, they import into the ZCS software as tentative and do not show busy when you look at their status in the "Find Locations" tab.

I looked through the .ics file to see if there was an attribute that I could change to make it show busy, but even when the meeting has been marked as "I will attend" on the OCS side, it still does not show up as busy on the ZCS side. The following is the output from the .ics file for the meeting marked "I will attend":

BEGIN:VCALENDAR^M
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0^M
PRODID:Oracle/Oracle Calendar Server 10.1.2.0.0^M
BEGIN:VEVENT^M
X-ORACLE-EVENTINSTANCE-GUID:I1+16872720+1093+1+584293923^M
X-ORACLE-EVENT-GUID:E1+16872720+1093+584293923^M
X-ORACLE-EVENTTYPE:APPOINTMENT^M
UID:29b#1017510#22d39e23&0445b2lzNy51d3NhLmVkdTo1NzMw..^M
TRANSP:OPAQUE^M
SUMMARY:Zimbra test meeting^M
STATUS:CONFIRMED^M
SEQUENCE:0^M
PRIORITY:5^M
ORGANIZER;X-ORACLE-GUID=918-1093-McCormick.Cheryll;CN=Cheryll McCormick:ma^M
ilto:cmccormick@uwsa.edu^M
LOCATION:RGT224^M
DTSTART:20090707T230000Z
DTSTAMP:20090707T182106Z^M
DTEND:20090708T000000Z
CREATED:20090707T155203Z^M
X-ORACLE-CLASS:NORMAL^M
CLASS:PUBLIC^M
ATTENDEE;X-ORACLE-SHOWASFREE=BUSY;X-ORACLE-GUID=918-1093-McCormick.Cheryll^M
;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;RSVP=FALSE;CN=Cheryll McCormick;P^M
ARTSTAT=ACCEPTED:mailto:cmccormick@uwsa.edu^M
END:VEVENT^M

If anyone has been able to change something to mark the meeting as busy on the ZCS side, without going in and manually selecting "Accepted" on the Zimbra side, can you let me know.

As always, your help is very much appreciated. Thanks again!

Cheryll McCormick
University of Wisconsin System Administration
Office of Information Services
780 Regent Street
Madison, WI 53715