Zimlet to SIS?

Just curious if folks have, or are planning on providing, a Zimlet to their SIS system?

In the past it seems a typical approach would be to have a campus portal, and from that portal folks could get to their email, SIS, HRS, etc.  However, seems like Zimbra has the potential of turning that on-end: access all those services from your email app.  Since the biggest attraction at a portal tends to be email anyway, seems like this new strategy might be more practical for many.

The other thought I had was to use the "ads" sections for links to SIS, or other highly popular, essential sites.  Thoughts?

(We happen to be migrating to PeopleSoft for SIS, but I don't suppose that makes a huge difference for this discussion.)

Thanks,
Amos