Re: UCC or Wildcard question

Yes, we're using a wildcard cert from Digicert. There are a couple of extra steps to install the cert because there are a couple of extra layers of trust between the cert and a root CA, but other than that it's been pretty painless.

So far, the only client device we've found that won't work is the Palm Treo (650) - it won't accept the cert and hence can't do ActiveSync (we don't allow non https connections). I think some older Windows Mobile devices may need to have the cert manually added as a trusted CA.

----- "Cheryll McCormick" <cmccormick@uwsa.edu> wrote:

> Good Morning,
> Does anyone have any experiencing implementing a Unified Communications Certificate (UCC) or a wildcard certificate for Zimbra instance?  We have multiple domain names (one is an alias for the other) and frequently our users get an invalid certificate error because it goes to the alias that does not have a certificate.  We would like to get a UCC or wildcard certificate that will cover both domain names.  Any help you can give me would be great.  Even just an answer indicating whether Zimbra supports these types of certificates would be a start.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Cheryll McCormick

University of Wisconsin

--
Steve Hillman                                IT Architect
hillman@sfu.ca                               IT Infrastructure