Re: Poll: Is your GAL Internal, External, or Both?

We use SunONE LDAP with GALSync to keep the Zimbra GAL up to day with our external directory.  When we first cut over to 6.0.2 we had issues because the defaults for GALSync were resulting in many queries against our SunONE LDAP replica.  We changed the defaults to more reasonable values and have better performance.  We have seen slowness with autocomplete, but that appears to be improving as we have tuned the underlying server and storage resources.  We set the "Internal GAL polling interval" to 1 hour and "Most results returned by GAL search" to 1000.

Jim