Re: Zimbra 5.x to 6.0.6

We upgraded from 6.0.4 to 6.0.6 last weekend despite the added autocomplete bugs, because it was a break in the academic calendar and because bug 35688 was critical for us (starting mailboxd took > 90 minutes).

The latest 5.x continues to provide the best user experience, as long as your users don't require new 6.x features.

6.0.4 was a pretty good place to be, as long as you never, ever need to restart the server, or if you only have a very small number of ical/rss/pop feeds (we have at least one per user for course schedules).

6.0.5 brought popup reminders for shared calendars. Very annoying. I wonder if I could have worked around that by backporting some javascript from 6.0.6. Too late now.

6.0.6 fixes several bugs (at least 3 that I reported based on our user issues), but makes autocomplete worse than 6.0.5 and earlier.

I don't agree that 45906 is a bug... just an unusual user configuration. The junk button was correctly toggling junk/not junk state. The better answer to the user's problem would have been to add -in:junk and -in:trash to his search.

I fixed 46148 and a couple others by fetching and manually integrating javascript source code changes from perforce. But the more serious AutoComplete bugs require recompiling mailboxd, not to mention pending Zimbra QA.

6.0.7 looks like a good target, if you can wait.
--
Rich Graves http://claimid.com/rcgraves
Carleton.edu Sr UNIX and Security Admin