Using SAML Assertions to Access Zimbra

The Zimbra blog recently posted about using SAML Assertions to access
Zimbra:

http://blog.zimbra.com/blog/archives/2010/06/using-saml-assertions-to-access-zimbra.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter&utm_content=twitter

Lafayette uses Shibboleth and we are interested in getting Zimbra
working with it as part of our move to SSO. So, this looked like an
exciting post, but it's just a description. Most of the work
would be on Zimbra and would require quite a bit of development to get
it to catch the SAML assertion from our IDP and use it for auth
purposes. It also looks like the hand off of Zimbra auth to an IDP
isn't written either.

Is anyone else looking into this or further along than us?

  John
--
John Fulton
Associate Director of Network Services