Re: Non Zimbra question and I hope that is ok if this type of thing is not abused.

I've had great success with a milter I put in place a couple of years ago to do rate-limiting for outbound mail. All messages sent from on-campus machines, including our Zimbra system, get processed by the milter via an MTA box running Sendmail. I've configured it to ignore messages with only one recipient, and to ignore  local recipients in the count, which has all but eliminated false positives, even though we cap the limit at only 1000 recipients per day (the milter counts recipients, not messages, making it much more effective against spammers, who tend to send a few messages addressed to 100s or 1000s of recipients). When the rate limit is reached, the messages are still accepted, but are silently quarantined, so the spammer doesn't know we're blocking their mail. As soon as the quarantine queue is non-zero, we get an alert so we can investigate. That allows us to release false-positives quickly (which is rare - a few a year). Since putting in the rate-limiting, our incidence of being blacklisted is way down. It was becoming a regular occurrence but now we just very occasionally find ourselves on smaller blacklists.

Unfortunately the frequency of compromised accounts isn't going down - there's always someone who falls for it. I fear for the day when the phishers are interested in doing more than just sending spam..