Re: Non Zimbra question and I hope that is ok if this type of thing is not abused.

We use Postfix plugin "Postfixd" (http://www.policyd.org/) to enforce
outgoing mail ralte-limit. Webmail senders are autromatically blocked
from sending more email when the ratelimit is execeeded. We wrote
tools to send alerts  to a list  when a user is blocked, and HelpDesk
has tools to review the alerts  and decide if these users accounts are
compromised and disable accounts all together.  It's very effective
since its been implemented. Central smtp servers are protected and we
also see much  less compromised accounts. We caught  a few users on
blacklist when we first implemented, now only one or two in a couple
of weeks.

Xueshan

--
Xueshan Feng
Infrastructure Delivery Group, IT Services