Showing Department and Other Info in People Search and Autocomplete

Hi,

We're running 7.1.1.

A regular problem for us here is having people misaddress a message because we have a John Smith as Provost and and John Smith as a student.  Their names appear the same in the GAL even though they are different people with different email addresses.  This can be an issue since senders sometimes don't pay attention to who they're actually sending to.

I thought that loading a persons department in the OU attribute in Zimbra would cause it to appear when using People Search or during an Autocomplete action, but that does not seem to be the case.  Can anyone else confirm that?  Or has anyone figured out how to make it work so that it's easy to identify who an individual is through the People Search or Autocomplete actions?

There used to be a hack (that we might have gotten from SFU) that allowed us to show extra info in the Autocomplete lookups, but I think it stopped working after an earlier upgrade pre-7.1.

Thanks,
Matt