Re: 7.1.2

So, we upgraded on the 21st. People seem fairly happy with it.

6.0.12 to 7.1.2, dual-quad X5450 @ 3.00GHz with 32GB RAM to dual-quad X5672 @ 3.20 GHz with 48GB RAM. I wrapped zmmailboxdctl and mysql.server in taskset in order to keep theim in their own NUMA zones. According to zmstat-chart, the average SOAP call is returning about 10-20% slower, but responsiveness at peak load is better. It "feels" about the same.

Pain points:

1) (Not Zimbra's fault) The original /opt/zimbra, which has been with us for 4 years, had some "minor" filesystem corruption. Specifically, when the 7.1.2 installer attempted to remove a file in /opt/zimbra/jetty/work, it remounted read-only. Since fsck was going to take far too long, I renamed work/ out of the way and moved on. This did not happen in two test upgrades from a SAN snapshot. I don't know what happened, but I don't like it. /opt/zimbra/db/data, store*, and hsm* are already their own separate filesystems. I will move data from the root and the original /opt/zimbra/store to separate filesystems at the next convenient downtime window.

2) While read/write access to shared email folders works, we cannot copy or move email messages from any shared folder to any personal folder. r, rwidx, drag/drop, and "mm" keystroke variations all return:

An invalid request was made.
method: [unknown]
msg: invalid request: Invalid type ''. Valid types are appointment,chat,contact,conversation,document,message,tag,task,wiki

Could someone else with 7.1.2 (or failing that, 7.1.1) tell me if this is reproducible on your system, or did something go wrong with our upgrade? I have had a support case open since the 22nd, but do not have this basic question answered yet.

3) Outlook signature sync is broken and should not be used. It usually results in "local failure," and when it succeeds, it looks ugly because the default fonts for ZWC and Outlook don't match. Fixing this was easy: deploy HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZIMBRA\ "SigSyncEnabled"=dword:00000000 via GPO before rolling out the new ZCO.

4) The New Appointment "scheduler" is pretty, but broken in at least two ways.
  a) (Minor) If you select a shared calendar from the popup before adding attendees, it shows the F/B info for the sharer. If you enter attendees with your default Calendar selected and then choose a shared calendar, the F/B in the top line fails to change from yours to the sharer's.
  b) (Major) If you type names/emails into the slots in the Scheduler/FB pane, the F/B information for other attendees frequently disappears. Workaround: always type attendees into the Attendees: box at the top. I think a form of this ("duplicated attendees") is on the list for 7.1.3.

5) Some Android phones that were happy under 6.0.12 stopped syncing. No obvious error on either end, they just stopped, and removing/re-adding the account didn't help. One is an LS670/Sprint Optimus S. Investigation of one VIP's phone is in progress.

6) MacOS Leopard (10.5.8) iCal stopped syncing. Triaged low priority, but if someone has an answer, I'll take it.