From: "Freddie Cash" <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To: "Matt Mencel" <MR-Mencel@wiu.edu>
Cc: "zimbra-hied-admins" <zimbra-hied-admins@sfu.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:01:18 PM
Subject: Re: Scheduled Archive or Deletion of Email

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Matt Mencel <MR-Mencel@wiu.edu> wrote:
Not so quick poll.  This conversation came up today here at WIU...we have been noticing it might be time to purchase more storage.

Does your university delete messages automatically after a certain period of time?

No.

We currently do not have quotas enabled on our staff messaging server, and we simply monitor disk usage.  Our 2000 users are only using 500 GB of disk.  We have 1 TB of disk space in reserve.  And we still have disk bays free for expanding into.  :)  If they get to the point where they use up all the disk we can put into this server, then we'll look into HSM or quotas.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com