Activesync to be discontinued for Zimbra Standard Edition licenses

I don't know if this affects any of you, but I thought I'd pass it along. I saw it posted on the Zimbra LinkedIn forum so have not yet verified it myself. Thankfully we're on the perpetual license already so this doesn't affect us (we currently steer all mobile users towards ActiveSync (as opposed to IMAP))

ActiveSync will no longer be included with Standard Edition (including Student Edition) - EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2012

We are moving to Edition pricing to align with the rest of the VMware and as a result, Standard Edition (including Student Edition) will no longer include ActiveSync as of March 1, 2012. Professional Edition will be the only edition supporting all the Microsoft protocols - Outlook Connector and ActiveSync. Professional Edition also includes Archiving and Discovery which is not included in Standard Edition. New customers who purchase Standard Edition can still access their Zimbra email, calendars and contacts from their mobile device using POP/IMAP, CardDAV and CalDAV.

Customers who purchased perpetual licenses of Standard Edition PRIOR to March 1, 2012 are not affected. They will renew SnS for Standard Edition at the current Standard Edition pricing and can also continue to use ActiveSync.

For Subscription customers who purchased Standard Edition prior to March 1, 2012, they will GET ONE CHANCE AT RENEWAL TIME for this promo - renew with Professional Edition licenses at the Standard Edition price or purchase perpetual Professional Edition at Standard edition price (Upgrade SKUs). If they choose to just renew their subscription license then at the next renewal time they will need to pay the non-discounted Professional Edition subscription licenses. We are only planning to have this promotion available for 1 year and it will likely be discontinued for March 1 2013.

--
Steve Hillman                                IT Architect
hillman@sfu.ca                               IT Infrastructure