New Relic setup

We have been using New Relic on our campus for monitoring some of our other applications.  I am trying to set up a couple of our Zimbra servers to be monitored by New Relic, but am having a little trouble figuring out exactly how to add in the java parameter to point jetty to the new relic jar file.  This is the instructions from New Relic's site for installation on a Jetty-based server:

The Jetty startup script (jetty.sh) can be configured using the JAVA_OPTIONS environment variable:

export JAVA_OPTIONS="${JAVA_OPTIONS} -javaagent:/full/path/to/newrelic.jar"

The -javaagent switch should reference the full path to the newrelic.jar file.

I have tried adding this to the mailboxd_java_options parameter with zmlocalconfig -e, but mailboxd won't restart with this parameter added.  I found a forum post which indicates that zmmailboxdmgr will not allow some parameters to be added to the mailboxd_java_options, but you can use zmmailboxdmgr.unrestricted instead -- replacing the original zmmailboxdmgr in the libexec directory with the .unrestriced version (also in the libexec directory).  I'm hoping that we can avoid this and I'm just missing the right place to add the parameter.

Have any of you set up New Relic monitoring on your Zimbra servers?  Or can someone tell me which Jetty file I would add the above line to?

Thanks for you help,

Tim Ross
Application Administrator
Enterprise Applications Group