Re: LDAP Change Log

We have a script that searches mailbox.log regularly and checks for ModifyPrefs. On a match the user's account is examined for signs that it has been compromised (usually phished in our case). The script determines if the account has been compromised by looking at the settings Keith mentioned as well as a few others. If the account has been compromised, it is locked, the session expired, and an e-mail is sent to the admins.

We've had a pretty high success rate using this script. We do occasionally have some false positives but tweaking the script from time to time is easier than dealing with being blacklisted.

Rich, out of curiosity, how many users do you have? We have ~18,000 spread over three mailbox servers. I'm wondering if searching ldap would be more efficient.

James