Re: Photos in the 7.1.x GAL

OK....I'll hold off on the photos until we upgrade to 8 sometime in the future.  I wasn't real excited about extending the schema myself.  :)

Matt

From: "Quanah Gibson-Mount" <quanah@zimbra.com>
To: "Matt Mencel" <MR-Mencel@wiu.edu>, zimbra-hied-admins@sfu.ca
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2013 12:11:20 AM
Subject: Re: Photos in the 7.1.x GAL

Hi Matt,

I think that page is pretty clear that one should never make changes to the
zimbra.ldif file.  Any changes made to that file will not be preserved
across upgrades.  I would also note that LDAP already ships with an RFC
defined attribute for storing photos.  It is called "jpegPhoto", and is
part of the inetorgperson objectClass.  All zimbra people objects are
migrated to being of the inetorgperson objectClass as part of the ZCS8
upgrade.  So all you really need to do is upgrade to ZCS8, and you can
simply add jpegPhoto to your existing people objects without needing any
sort of custom schema.

Hope this helps,
Quanah

--