From: "Ryan Tandy" <rtandy@sd63.bc.ca>
To: "Tim Ross" <tross@calpoly.edu>
Cc: "zimbra-hied-admins" <zimbra-hied-admins@sfu.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:56:00 AM
Subject: Re: Migrating accounts and HSM volumes

Hi Tim,

On 13-08-21 09:03 AM, Tim Ross wrote:
> My co-worker tracked down this wiki page:
> http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Glenno-Notes#Consolidating_one_HSM_volume_to_another
>
> We modified this script slightly, and it appears to do just what we need
> to fix the migrated accounts:

I did a similar thing one time in order to convert a server from HSM
back to single-level store. All the mail did survive.

I don't know whether it's necessary, but I read somewhere a
recommendation to stop any servers that might talk to that database
(e.g. mailbox) while you do it, so I did. In fact I shut down Zimbra
completely and then started just mysql. (IIRC)

Fresh backups are really nice for lowering the stress level... :)

--
Ryan Tandy - Programmer/Analyst           rtandy@sd63.bc.ca
School District 63 (Saanich)                +1 250 652 7385